This error mainly comes up with, when you have any kind of socket connection you have established in your application. There are many reason for this error . could be some internal factor or because of some external factor. So identify that is the main challenges here in this case.Even couple of days back I had faced this same issue ,and I went through couple of post and blogs unfortunately nothing helped.So here I will explain the general causes for this issue and the one which I had faced.Here we will see how to fix “an existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host”?
In my case .. I was having a .net mvc application which will be consuming AX services and displaying the data . The application was working fine when I was running it from visual studio. But Its throwing the error “An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host ” once after I hosted it in IIS.
- “The network link between the client and server is going down for some reason”.
Change the authentication mode and check once again, in my case I had disabled the anonymous authentication and enabled the Windows authentication. Then it start working.
- You are sending malformed data to the application, verify that the data you are sending is in proper format which can be accessed by the services.
- Verify the service and make sure it is not crashing , for that you can make use of fiddler, postmaster. etc.
- Try to access the wsdl from your browser.
- Make sure that the firewall is not playing a role in between.
- If its TCP binding then try this as well
<binding name=”xxxxxx” transferMode=”Streamed”
maxBufferPoolSize=”524288″ maxBufferSize=”2147483647″ maxReceivedMessageSize=”2147483647″ />