The reason for the error 505 is, the Web server does not support, or refuses to support, the HTTP protocol version specified by the client in the HTTP request data stream sent to the server.Here let us see How to fix “HTTP Status Code 505 – HTTP Version Not Supported” error?
Why this error:
There will be mainly 3 reason for this error.
1. The request you are sending to the server from the client browser, it is not in the form which can be understand by the server.
2. A third-party product is interfering with Internet Explorer.
3. The HTTP 1.1 setting is enabled.
How to fix the error 505- HTTP Version Not Supported?
As a first step you just check the same url from an updated browser.
verify the HTTP request, whether this request contain any kind of junk character is there in your request, or any white spaces are creating the issue. To overcome this white space issue you can use the urlencode() function before calling the server.
If the issue is happening only in you browser, try this.
1. In Internet Explorer, click Internet Options on the Tools menu.
2. In the Internet Options dialog box, click the Advanced tab.
3. Click to clear the HTTP 1.1 check box, and then click OK.
4. Test to determine if the issue is resolved. If the issue is resolved, do not complete the remaining steps. If the issue is not resolved, go to the next step.
5. In Internet Explorer, click Internet Options on the Tools menu.
6. In the Internet Options dialog box, click the Advanced tab.
7. Click to clear the Show friendly HTTP error messages check box.
8. Try to view a Web page to reproduce the error message and to receive a new, more descriptive error message. This new error message may be similar to the following:
HTTP version not supported by program name.
Note the name of the program in this new error message.
9. The program name that you noted in step 8 may be the cause of this issue. Either remove this program, or contact the manufacturer of the program to inquire about the availability of a fix for this issue.
Hope this will help you !!!!..